Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





07 December 2015

Christmas Wishes


 It's so hard to believe Christmas time is here!  We've gladly welcomed the holiday, taking a lot of comfort and excitement from our Christmas traditions and our old Christmas decorations that fill our new house!  We have been so blessed this year and can feel the excitement rising as our preparations for a Christmas Utah ski trip are now a part of our daily conversations!  Despite the move and the tough transition to a new city and schools, we're busily and anxiously discussing our future in Africa and trying to incorporate the preparations for that big move into our life, too.  
I can't believe how fast time goes by and I never want to forget any of these precious faces, lit up with holiday cheer!  Here are their Christmas wishes for this year...

"I wish for a baby sister, a little baby puppy, and a Puppy Surprise.  I hope that the people in Africa have a good Christmas and have nice home and enough money.  I also hope that people make Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes for Christmas because it really helps and makes the children who get them thankful.  I think everyone should make one."  - Maida Raine

"I wish I could have a toy monster truck race track (like Bumpa and Grandma's)  for Christmas.  And it's my Christmas wish that the people in Africa stay warm at Christmas, have some good food to eat, and have a good Christmas with good presents from Santa."  -Skogen Roux 
"It's my Christmas wish that homeless people have food and that's all I wish for."  - Klaasen Burke
"I wish that Santa will come."  - Torsten S

1 comment:

  1. I love that you blog! Capturing these memories is awesome. We think we will remember, but don't. Happiest of holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin