Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





14 July 2012

Sweet Siblings

As I've said before, I never grew up with siblings. I don't understand the fights, the teasing, the annoyance, nor do I understand the love, the bond, and the blessing. Through my kids I am gaining more of an understanding of this type of relationship and the more I know, the more I realize just how lucky my kids are to have each other.

Skogen and Maida went up to spend six days with my mom and dad this past week.I had no idea just how much Klaasen would miss them or how hard it would be for him to be apart from them. He's never known life without them and not having them here was a complete devastation! There was no one or nothing that could replace his siblings.

When the kids were reunited with each other last night at midnight, I saw the joy, the completeness, of having a sibling. Klaasen wouldn't leave his big sister's side and while we were switching the car seats from Daddy's car to Mommy's car, Klaasen wanted to sit right by Maida with his head on her shoulder. It was such a sweet moment to treasure (especially since this afternoon they are back to fighting and arguing!).

I hope that my kids are always close to each other and that I am able to nuture their relationships with each other as we all grow in this together.  I'm extremely excited to add number four to the mix and watch a whole new family dynamic develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin