Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





09 December 2012

A Month's Worth of Pictures

I'm beginning to realize just how much those little moments mean... the little moments to catch a snuggle on the couch with your two-year-old, or to lay in bed and chat with your five-year-old.  The times you choose to hold your three-month-old while he sleeps instead of putting him down and opportunities you have to sit and play with your three-year-old instead of sit and watch.  My kids are my whole world and I am savoring every minute with them.  It's not very often that I am able to get on the computer and even less often that I have the time to blog.  I don't want to give up, though, and feel blessed to be able to record life somewhere in a place where we will always be able to look back on, and also in a place where long-distance family can keep up with our life as it happens.  I hope to get better at keeping things updated around here, even if it is just in the form of a month's worth of pictures...
Planning a trip!

Potty trained in one day - just had to tell him that the diapers went, "bye-bye."

Maida is a life saver for me at night.  When I'm trying to put the boys to bed, she reads to Torsten.

First time in the exersaucer

Books with sister 

Movie night with popcorn from the boy souts

Sibling wrestling match

Our new Costco opened!  Now we don't have to make trips up to the cities just to go to Costco!

Skogen wrote his name for the first time (and has since improved his writing A-LOT!!!)

My sister, Kim, came to visit with her dog, Boone

Maida entertained us with her clothing choice

Maida was the "Helper of the Day" at school and was able to keep the letter of the day

My friend, Kristin, came to visit with her daughter, Kailey (who is attached to the funniest pacifier I've ever seen!).

Snuggles with Auntie Kimmy

Trying out new hairstyles since NONE of the curls grew back. :(

Playtime with Aunite Kimmy

Summit got "fixed"

Our living room got a makeover, thanks to my sister!  We hung curtains and the shelves.

I love our new space!


My friend, Whitney, did my hair for an National Guard formal dinner

All dressed and ready to go!

Me and my date

Erik and the officers from the unit

Skogen had a Thanksgiving program at his preschool

They sang some cute little songs for us!

We made a turkey together

So proud of Skogen

A well-deserved pedicure!  :)

Torsten and his friend, Nolan, all bundled up!

Princess

Love this boy!

Got the baby toys out for Torsten and he was SO happy about that!

Erik had PRK on his eyes - no more glasses!

Precious.  My little girl and her teddy "Bella," under the glow of her pink nightlight.

"The light got into my eyes, mom!"

I don't want to forget what it feels like to have a snuggly baby napping on my lap.

Nighttime stories with big sister

Torsten started sleeping 12 hours every night!

Klaasen can sleep in the strangest positions!

We enjoyed a night out with some other residents

Nolan and Torsten

Frosting Christmas cookies with our friend, Hailey

Some of the finished cookies

Playing in our first big snow


So funny watching the boys try to make it down the hill on the sled!

Watching football

Special Christmas movie night with mom


1 comment:

  1. Love this! So curious about where you are going! Can't believe I haven't seen T yet! M is a doll, just so sweet and beautiful. You were so pretty all dressed up for the Guard thing.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin