Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





04 February 2014

It was a wonderful adventure and we have made it to the Congo!
There are stories I could share of our travel here, of the Hotel Bravo, the marketplace in Brazzaville, new friends, African food, or all about our new home and our roommates and coworkers.  However, tonight as I sit in front of a computer screen that seems so foreign in this setting, and with internet that is only really available at night when there isn't as much energy required to run lights for the operating rooms, I am overwhelmed.  My heart has been touched and I am slowly processing everything I have seen and done.  
I have fallen in love with this culture, with these people, and this hospital.  I find myself awake before necessary in the morning, eager to start the day and what lies ahead.  I long to know about the patients, their families, the hospital, the town, and the missionaries.  I love watching my husband in his element and I am so thankful for the gift God has given to him to practice medicine and save lives.
Amazing.
I can't wait to share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin