Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





03 February 2018

Snowbasin, Utah


Anyone else out there absolutely love the P&G mom commercials during Olympics time?  They get me every year.  This year's commercial was especially on my mind while we were skiing in Snowbasin, Utah.  As I followed my boys down the Olympic course, I couldn't help but think about the Olympians that skied that course in 2002, and how they once skied with their mamas just like this!

We rode the extra tram and made it to the top of the Olympic course!  When I saw the "expert only" signs and heard the warnings from the tram operator, I was almost regretting going up, but when I saw the views, it was sooooo worth it!

at the top of the men's course

the men's start gate

the women's start gate


ripping up the Olympic course



So beautiful!

Snowbasin was the site for the 2002 Olypmic men's and women's downhill, super G, and combined races.  This was the third Olympic ski resort that I have visited s, but for some reason this one touched me the most.  The views from the top were breath-taking.  Lucky for me, I almost didn't go all the way to the top, but my boys talked me into it and the Olympic course was one of my favorite runs all season.  I'm so thankful I went!!


                                         
(You probably have to click the link to YouTube)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin