Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





12 December 2008

Christmas Break is Almost Here!

Today seems like much of a transition point for us. Erik is currently taking his final and when he gets home (***update, he just got home and he did well on his final!), Christmas vacation officially starts. YAY!!! We plan to spend the day putting up a Christmas tree! I have been telling Maida all about how we put up the tree and hang lights and bulbs and she jumps up and down, points to herself and says, "Me, tree, yeah!" I think she's pretty excited.

Our plans for the break are pretty low-key. Erik will probably do a lot of skiing, in between studying, and may even take Maida out for her first time on skies. I hope they make ski boots fat enough to fit her fluffy feet! I will more than likely be watching from the chalet and taking pictures, however, I would give anything to be able to be out skiing with Maida for her first time. I know that it will be a very special moment for Erik, though, as he begins a new chapter in his life, teaching his first child his favorite sport. My presence as a the photographer may be more important than my actual presence on skies! Erik also plans to go winter camping and ice climbing with some friends this weekend. While he is gone, I hope to get our Christmas presents wrapped and shipped out to family, along with get some baby stuff ready! They always say to pack your bags for the hospital at 35 weeks, which is an exciting thing to do... I can see the end in site!

We have two doctor appointments scheduled over break. One of which is an ultrasound next Friday. Our doctor is still concerned that Skogen is breech, so we will determine that at the ultrasound. The appointment the following week will be to determine if we need to flip him or not (via "version"). If we choose to flip him, that will fall within the following week sometime. I am praying that he flips on his own!

We plan to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in Park Rapids with my family. My sister Kim and her family are coming up from Arizona, so I'm sure that we'll have a great time! Yesterday I mailed out our 170 Christmas cards that we send every year, which made me happy, but I really get excited every time we get one in the mail too! I love to hang the pictures up and compare them with other years at how everyone is changing (yes, I'm a dork and I save all the Christmas cards and letters we get!!).

I will end with two different websites. They are both websites profiling Skogen Sprang, the famous skier that we got Skogen's name from (for those of you who think we made it up!). I love the website with the video (the second one) because you can actually hear the name spoken and it just makes it more real to me... AH! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! AND HIS NAME IS SKOGEN!!!!!! Enjoy...
http://expn.go.com/athletes/bios/SPRANG_SKOGEN.html
http://www.tetongravity.com/profiles/Athlete_Skogen_Sprang.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin