Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





16 August 2011

I feel the need to update.

It's been a while. It's been a ride (a long one). It's been a trip (or a few). As I sit here, internet-less, punching out every letter in my phone's small touch-screen keyboard, I am reminded at how blogging can be so difficult in times like these.

Someday I will have internet again and be able to catch everyone up on my baby's first birthday, my Golden Birthday celebration in Puerto Rico, my spontaneous trip to Oklahoma to see my neice, my trip back up to northern Minnesota to visit my family, donating my hair, a newly aquired obsession with Mr.Potato Heads, my amazing Bible study that I've been attending all summer, all the great people we've met, our awesome residency program, how much I love this new city, and our plans for the next chapter in our lives. But for now, I slowly (very slowly) blog from my phone's untrustworthy 3G connection, sitting in our nasty smelly apartment, wild guinea pig and all.

Even with the guinea pig who likes to live in our walls and run and poop on our floor in the middle of the night when no one is looking, I am so thankful for running water, a bath tub/shower (not just a stand up shower because how would I bathe the kids?), a washer and dryer (I have no idea how I'd haul all our laundry to the mat), an oven that works (a microwave is not a necessity), an air conditioner (even though it costs twice as much to run as at our house in the cities), and kids who think we're living the high life!

Please keep us and our living situation in your prayers. Being thankful doesn't mean that I don't want my clothes, my bed, more than four forks and four spoons, my dog, a garage, a backyard, a dining room table, or a healthy place to live. I'm through with climbing four flights of stairs hauling a 30 pound baby and groceries (yes, at the same time). I'm done with the second hand smoke pouring through our windows at all hours of the day and night, and neighbors keeping us up or waking us up all night long.

I'm hoping and praying to get out of here by the end of the week. Please pray that that will be possible and mostly just that we are prepared for whatever God has planned for us, even of it's not what we have been planning on.

"For I have learned to be content on whatever circumstances I am." Phil 4:11

"Do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on." Matt 6:25-26

Casting all your anxiety upon Him, because He cares for you." 1Peter 5:7

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Prov3:5-6

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you." Isa 41:10

"And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together." Col 1:17

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear all the stories you have to update us on! I think of you often as you find your way out of this valley. Keep your spirits high and cherish the extra time with your babies! :)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin