Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





28 August 2011

Snippets

I'm starting to feel like the blog is slipping away from me and a casual update even seems too demanding. However, we are still without internet and I'm sure once we get internet again, blogging will be a little easier. For now, some snippets of the past few weeks...

- We have a new place! I was beyond excited to move and have enjoyed a week of settling in and making a home here for my family. This week my mom and Aunt Bev came to help me move. They were so much help! I'm so excited to finally have a dining room table, a microwave, a garage, a backyard, and some more of my clothes! The picture above is of the kids eating dinner on the floor of our new house. Ever tried to feed a one year old on the floor? He's constantly either putting his feet in his food (and everyone else's) or continually trying to crawl away. I'm so glad to have the highchair, now, too!

- Skogen is completely potty trained! It is so much easier (and cheaper) to have one in diapers compared to two, but so much harder to deal with two of them needing to use the potty ASAP. I'll never understand why little kids wait until the last minute to go to the bathroom. Grocery shopping trips have been quite exhausting with several mad dashes to the bathroom, dragging three kids and a cart full of food. And trying to keep three kids from touching everything in the bathroom while they wait for each other is a whole different story! Ick!

- This week Erik starts back in the Emergency Department. Praise the Lord! The ICU was a killer for me. I'm ready to see my husband again!

- Today is our anniversary! We have been married for seven years. Erik usually has something special planned for us, but he left for work at 4am this morning and still isn't home (it's almost midnight). I'm hoping we will be able to celebrate soon!

- I'm done nursing... almost. I'm only nursing Klaasen once in the morning. Once this feeding drops off, it will be the first time in almost five years that I'm not either pregnant or breastfeeding. It's a bitter/sweet thing.

- Maida got into the Kinder Challenge program at preschool!! It is typically designed for kids a little older, but there was a spot open and she had to test out for it. We are so proud that she blew the director away and made it in! She will be going four days a week. We have the meet-the-teacher and parent orientation coming up soon. Skogen is also signed up for preschool and will go two days a week. He is VERY excited! I'm not so sure I'm ready to let Skogen go, yet, but know it will be great for him.

More to come soon(ish)...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. So glad to get an update on you guys. SO GLAD you are in your house. Good job Skogen with the potty training. Not surprised that Maida got into the Kinder Challenge program. She is such a smarty! Miss you guys.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for being in a house!! So much better!! I can not even imagine what it has been like for you!! And the potty training thing wow, I only have one that is always needing to go to the bathroom and grocery shopping is hard enough! But I am so happy for you that you only have to buy diapers for 1!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin