Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





11 September 2011

Gone Are The Days

Gone are the days of choosing a nursery color, trying to figure out how to properly wash cloth diapers, or decide when it's time to stop nursing. Gone are the days when dressing my little princess was as fun as playing house when I was little and doing her hair with ribbons and bows was a dream come true.

Within the past couple of weeks, Maida has turned into a little girl who doesn't want her hair done and refuses to wear a dress. She is suddenly a little girl who won't even play on the playground at the park if she is wearing something she doesn't like. She would rather sit in the hot car, watching everyone else have fun. The attitude, the sassing, and the tears have substantially increased. Today she sobbed for two hours because it was time to pack away clothes that were too small for her.

As with every other stage she's been through, this stage has also come without warning. Not only will it take Erik and I a little bit of time to get used to, but it will take us time to discover a good and healthy way of letting and encouraging Maida develop.

It may also take some time for me to step back and realize that she IS growing up and there is nothing I can do to slow her down. However, I had to smile when tonight before bed she asked, "Mom, will you hold me and rub me and sing me to sleep?" My little baby is still in there somewhere and I love her more than ever!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

1 comment:

  1. So sweet that she asked you to rock er to sleep! I love those moments when Judson still wants to cuddle! They are becoming far and few! You are so right though, new stages come so fast! I am sure you will do great figuring this one out!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin