Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 May 2012

Moms and Muffins

A few weeks ago, Skogen and Maida had "Moms and Muffins" at their preschool.  First I was able to go into Skogen's class and join him for juice, muffins, and a craft.

Skogen sitting at his chair.  He was so happy to have me there and I was so happy to be there! 

Our fingerprint caterpillars.  Skogen's is on the top and mine is on the bottom.  He drew his own face on his caterpillar and really surprised me with the placement of the eyes and mouth because I've never seen him draw a face on anything before.

Me and my boy :)

Maida sitting at her desk

A worksheet she filled out about me and a picture of me that she drew.  They were supposed to guess at all the answers.  I love that she thinks I'm 21 years old, I have gold hair, and she loves me because I'm beautiful.  :)

Me and my girl :)

Maida's class sang some songs for us.  It was so cute!  Maida wasn't shy at all and knew every word (which is totally different than her Christmas program!).  I was a little sad that Maida was the only little girl not in a skirt/dress, but she had a breakdown right before we went out the door and this outfit (holes in the knees and all!) is what we settled on to get her to go to her program.

A sweet card Maida made for me.  "If moms were berries..."
"I'd pick..."

"You."

I love my kids!!!  And I'm so proud to be their Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin