Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





17 May 2012

Oklahoma Vacation

Today was a very windy, but warm and cheerful, day...  I was able to shower this morning and shave my legs (which doesn't happen too often!).  I dressed the boys in matching outfits and Maida went to school with no tantrum about her clothes.  It rained a little last night, so instead of watering the garden and all of my plants, I got to spend some extra snuggle time with Skogen on the couch while Maida was at preschool and Klaasen took his nap.  All of these things, especially when they happen on the same day, make my whole day brighter.  However, nothing can compare to the delight I feel this afternoon as I anticipate the evening ahead.  Erik is home from a week away and we are more than happy to spend some much-needed time together!

Speaking of Erik being out of town... when he's out of town, he takes our only computer with him, so I am unable to blog.  Since we've both been traveling in opposite directions lately, the blog hasn't been updated very regularly.  Along with many little minor (but important!) details of our life, we've had a few big ones lately, too.  Our most recent vacation down to Kansas and Oklahoma to see our family was a highlight of the month!  To see all of the pictures from our trip, click here.  Otherwise, here are a few picture highlights...

Maida celebrated her real birthday at Uncle Tony's house!

We got to play with sweet cousin Kinley (Erik's brother's daughter).

We saw some of my family, including my Aunt Becky and Uncle Steve, my cousin Melody and cousins' wife Katie, and their children.  These three are second cousins (I think - or maybe first cousins once removed?) and are pretty close in age!

Melody's kids with my kids

We got to see Uncle Ron's motorcycle!

My sister-in-law, Karlie, and I got a pedicure and manicure!

Nana took us all to Chuck-E-Cheese for Maida's birthday!

Maida won 100 tickets on one game!!! (Does anyone know how to flip these pictures once they are uploaded to blogger?  They are flipped and saved on my computer, but don't upload that way.)

Nana and the kids before church

Aunt Lola and Uncle Ron surprised Maida with another birthday cake!

Mema and Deda with their great-grandchlidren!

Karlie and I got to bump bellies again!  We had Klaasen and Kinley within a month of each other.  These babies will probably be more like two months apart.

On the way home, we stopped in Kansas City and Maida learned how to swim across the pool alone in her lifejacket.

Erik and I surprised the kids for dinner one night!  They knew we were going someone special and they were SO excited!!!

We went to T-Rex, which was such a cool place!  Kind of like the Rainforest Cafe, but a thousand times better!


Erik is in town for only two days, so hopefully I can get some more milestones documented...

1 comment:

  1. We are going to have to put this T-Rex place on our list of things to do. We drive through Kansas City a couple of times a year. Of course, we are usually focused on getting to the grandparents house or getting home, so we don't take time to have a fun meal, but we might have to make an exception. My boys would love this!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin