Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





27 March 2013

Life gets stressful, but most of the time the kids keep me laughing.  
Some times it's just the little things, like how Klaasen smelled the air at breakfast yesterday and then exclaimed, "Tum-ten tinks!"  
Or when I overheard Skogen telling Klaasen, "Rule number one: Listen to Skogen.  Rule number two: Do what Skogen says."
And today when I was dropping Maida off at school for, "Dress Up Like What You Want To Be When You Grow Up Day," Maida said, "The school should really plan some dress up days that I've been thinking about.  Like, 'Wear Your Bathing Suit to School Day,' or 'Take Your Little Brother or Sister to School Day,' and 'Stay Home From School Day,' which is where you have to drive to school and then turn around and go home for the day."
I'm sure everyone probably thinks their kids are funny and half the time what my kids say might not seem that funny to anyone else, but today, above anything else at this moment, I am extremely thankful that my kids can make me laugh on a daily basis.


















1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:01 AM

    Hahaha this made me laugh. I like reading about the positive and funny things kids do, sometimes people get so caught up in complaining about their kids.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin