Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





21 February 2011

Sick of Being Sick

It's been 33 days since we first got sick and I'm so sick of being sick!
I can't remember what it's like to breathe out of my nose or swallow without my throat hurting.
I can't remember what it's like to sleep through the night without waking up to kids coughing until they puke.
I'm so ready to be done with this virus, but can't seem to see the end through all the snot.
If just one of us could get better, I'd be thankful.
I'm just so sick of being sick!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh...this winter has been horrible, no? And oh, Mama - 33 days! Yikes.

    We've had colds, stomach virus, and colds again, we were well for a few days, and now DH and oldest DS are complaining of sore throats and coughing, and were up some of the night feeling icky. We cannot win around here either.

    Hope you ALL feel better and get some sleep SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Kara-- I totally know what you mean. There are times it seems like we go months with someone being constantly sick. Not fun. I'll pray for you guys to get over and be healthy. Spring is just around the corner! Hopefully next time we come to the cities we can meet up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I'm so sorry that you have all been sick for so long and that you don't have the manly man's immune system like me! :)

    You have been amazing (what's new?!) and I appreciate you being such a wonderful wife and a marvelous mom!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! We've been sick over here lots too and I just have one kid to deal with and feel like I'm losing my mind. I can't imagine 3 times the sickness! Hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin