Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





10 November 2008

Toga Party!

On Friday night the medical school had a toga party! Despite my pleas of not making me dress up in a toga while pregnant, in fear of actually becoming a big blimp, Erik talked me into it and we went. To my surprise, I felt super cute in a toga that our friend and babysitter Christine loaned me! It was also a lot of fun to see everyone else dressed up in their togas. The medical school provided free pizza and buffalo wings, which were sooooo good! Erik and I had a great date night away from Maida, and I really enjoyed seeing and talking with Erik's classmates. The only complaint I have about the night is having to run to and from our car in the freezing rain dressed in our togas. But, I can't complain too much because that freezing rain turned into our first snow of the year, which made me really happy!


When Maida saw us getting all dressed up in our togas, she wanted to wear one too! Our babysitter, Christine, had some extra material along (which she made my toga out of) and so she made a toga for Maida too!




2 comments:

  1. Erik looks plastered...!!! Easy on the booze big fella!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, I know! That's what I told him!!! ... and he blamed it on the bright light of the flash ;)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin