Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





30 April 2010

Today.

Today is the day I have been waiting and waiting for!
Today is the end of Erik's current rotation (which means that I have a husband for the weekend!).
Today Erik meets my new OB.
Today Erik comes to my OB appointment with me for the first time this pregnancy (besides specially scheduled ultrasounds).
Today Skogen also has a doctor appointment.
Today Erik meets our pediatrician.
Today is the first time ever that Erik is taking the kids to the doctor by himself.
Today I'm getting my hair cut - the first time since October 2008 (besides a trim from my sister-in-law while I was in Oklahoma).
Today we also have two end-of-the-third-year parties to attend.
Today is the day I have been waiting and waiting for!
Today.

3 comments:

  1. Good grief! That's quite the day! Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! Erik actually is taking a final this morning, too (after staying up all night), so he actually has an even busier day! Poor guy! Hopefully the kids will behave, though, and we can enjoy the parties tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i hope it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin