Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





28 November 2010

Holiday Cards

It’s my favorite time of year. It’s the time we all send out Christmas cards to close friends and family, telling them about our year, updating each other on life, death, new jobs, old jobs, pregnancies, births, achievements, and the sort. My favorite holiday cards are those with pictures (and those with multiple pictures are even better!)! Ever since the first year we were married, we’ve sent out a picture holiday card with an update on our life, written to the tune of a holiday song. With all the work I put into taking the picture (which is a little harder now with three kids and a dog!) and writing a song (Erik actually does most of the thinking!), I don’t want to have to spend hours putting together a Christmas card, which is why I have used Shutterfly for the past four years. I have actually not only used Shutterfly for my Christmas cards, but for my birth announcements, birthday invitations, and photo development, too! Shutterfly has rewarded me for my business with a couple free photo books and calendars, also.
I haven’t started writing our Christmas song, yet, but I have already been browsing Shutterfly’s website in search of the perfect picture card. In my opinion, Shutterfly has the cutest designs and such a variety to choose from, too. I have never been stuck with nothing, I always seem to have the opposite problem – there are too many that I like and I can’t decide on just one! I really appreciate their customer service, too. There have been two years in a row when we haven’t been happy with how the cards turn out (one year I accidentally used the wrong picture and the other year I cropped it wrong on the website and without previewing it before ordering, I ordered the picture with Erik's head cut off!), and in both cases, Shutterfly was totally willing to reprint new cards for us absolutely free (they paid for all the shipping, too)! This year, however, I’m hoping to get it right on the first try. With Shutterfly’s easy to use program and always improving, customer-friendly site, I’m pretty sure I’ll have nothing to worry about!
Another great perk of Shutterfly is how you are able to customize what is printed on the back of your pictures. It’s always nice to have the kids’ names and ages printed on the back, especially if you're sending them to friends and family.
As Christmas quickly approaches, I look forward to the Christmas cards that await me in the mailbox each day and I hope that our cards bring others as much joy this holiday season, too. Happy card making! :)

2 comments:

  1. oh, aren't they fantastic?! i love their free offers. i'm waiting for our cards to arrive in the next few days and am super excited to see them. have fun choosing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shutterfly too. I use them for everything and love that they now print personal messages on the back. I just ordered a ton of pictures and some calendars for Christmas presents. I'm so excited to start getting Christmas cards in the mail. (one of my favorite things) However, I haven't even started on my letter yet. Good luck with yours this year.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin