Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 June 2009

It isn't possible to even begin to describe how much I love our little family. God amazingly brought Erik and I together and then created Maida and Skogen so perfectly to fit together with us. I am beyond thankful for what He has given to us. God is good.

Here are some pictures and a video of last weekend. I haven't had much time to post this week because we are in the process of moving. Yes, I said MOVING!!! We are planning on closing on our new house on the 24th of June, if everything goes well. Keep praying! My mom and my niece, Sarena, came for three days this week to help me pack boxes. I am so thankful that I have such a serving mom, always willing to help us out.

I love this picture of Barkley! outside.
Look at those curls!
Playing outside.
Helping mommy make truffles.
Reeeeeally wanting to taste them!
Having a cookie (after licking the spoon!).
Reading outside with Hippo Girl. Maida told me right after I took this picture that Hippo Girl wasn't looking at the book, she was looking at the roof.
Always has her legs crossed.
Our truffles. Some were covered in sugar cookies and some were covered in chocolate sprinkles.
We packged the truffles up, made some thank you cards, and then delivered them to our friends who watched Barkley! for us while we were house hunting.
Daddy and Skogen
Our BIG boy!
Me and the "BIG DEAL"
I finally was able to break out the flip flops - it's summer!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great video!!! :)

    Good luck moving...I think moving is so hard, especially with kids!

    Lane survived the Step 1 today! He starts his pediatric rotation July 6. So neat that your husband in interested in Emergency med. too!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin