Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





16 June 2009

Mommy's Girl

While in Oklahoma last weekend, I was told that Maida looks a lot like her Nana (Erik's mom) when she was little, but before I went to Oklahoma, I had this post brewing and thought I'd still post it...

I didn't take the time to go through and pick out some pictures of Maida to compare these to like I did for Skogen and Erik, but here are some pictures of me when I was a little girl...

From what I'm told, I always liked to run around in my underwear - so does Maida!
These next two pictures are of me and my nephew, Darin. My mom and my sister were pregnant at the same time! Growing up, Darin was more like my brother. I miss our old times together. He moved to Arizona when I was in fourth grade and now looking back, I think that loss of a buddy...a playmate...a brother, was harder on me than anyone realized at the time.
Well, after looking at these pictures again, I'm proud to say that I think Maida may look a little like her Mommy - even the curls! We always give credit to Erik for those, but I, too, had curls until I was a little older.
It will be interesting to see who she looks like as she gets older and changes.
[One thing is for sure, though, I won't cut her hair into a mullet like my mom did mine!!! If I get brave enough, I'll post some pictures of my mullet... stay tuned!]

2 comments:

  1. She looks A LOT like you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks EXACTLY like you, Kara! You were just as cute when you were little, and I am sure Maida will be as beautiful as her mommy when she grows up :)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin