Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





14 June 2009

Praying for Scott

Our good friend, Scott (who I've mentioned before), is fighting a tough battle with cancer right now. Him and his family temporarily moved out to Philadelphia recently for treatment and from there he writes an entry on his CarringBridge site almost every day. I have been so encouraged by his posts, not only because it is so nice to feel like we are all a part of this battle with him, and be able to pray for immediate specific concerns, but because he includes a scripture with his posts. Along with the scripture, he usually has some of his own thoughts about the scripture and, personally, I have been using this as my own daily Bible study.

Tonight Scott's post mentioned some cards that his mom made that she, and others, can pass out to people. These cards have his CaringBridge site and some pictures of his children. When I read about this, I thought this was such a great way to remind people to pray for Scott, and to recruit others to pray for him, too. So, I got to thinking that I could do the same thing, only in blogland style. So, I created a "button." If you are unsure what a button is, it is an image that is attached to a link, so that when you click on the image, you are taken to a specific site. Most buttons that I have seen and used are related to prayer requests, just like the one I made.

My button for Scott is located at the top right-hand side of my blog and when you click on it, it will take you to Scott's CaringBridge site. You can also post this button on your blog, too. I would love to see this button passed around to as many blogs as possible. Erik made fun of me and said, "Do you actually think that people are going to put this button on their blog?!" and I confidently said, "YES." My thought is that if even only five people put this button on their blog, and only five other people read their blog and see the button, that's 25 more people praying for Scott.

I put the link to the button right under it. So, just copy and paste that onto your blog by going to "Customize," "Layout," "Add a Gadget," "HTML/JavaScript" and posting that link there. Let me know if you have any problems with this. And don't forget to PRAY FOR SCOTT!

Praying for Scott

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."
Psalm 20:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin