Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





23 July 2010

Baby Shower Pictures/Baby Update

Last weekend some really great ladies from church had a baby shower for me and another new mommy, Carly. Unfortunately, Carly's new baby got sick that same morning and had to be hospitalized, so she was unable to make it to the shower. The shower went on without her, however, but I don't think any of us could stop thinking of her and little Oliver. Some pictures...

Our cake! (I took this upside down, so it looks a little distorted now that I flipped it, but I wanted you to be able to see the pictures on the cake better!)


Opening presents with my little helper (who burned her hand on my curling iron before we went to the shower and had to sit with her hand in a glass of cold water for the whole shower!).


NuRocha came up with some fun games - one of them being you had to hang baby clothes up with clothes pins, while talking on a phone, and holding a baby.


Some really great women who did a TON to make this shower special - THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything!


Today I had my last doctor appointment before baby comes! And it was officially established that my body has stopped progressing. This is unfortunate, as far as a VBAC goes, because there is nothing the doctor can do to stimulate this progression (like they can do for normal pregnancies). However, this is fine since we already have a C-section scheduled and have been planning on it and prepping for it, anyway, so it was just a reassurance that we are doing the right thing. I also found out that the pain I have been experiencing over the last couple days on my right side is a strain in my round ligament. This ligament is attached to my pelvis and has a ton of pressure on it trying to support the baby. I'm supposed to take it easy (YEAH RIGHT!), apply heat when I can (which doesn't even sound good when we don't have air conditioning!), and take Tylenol if needed. Tomorrow my mother-in-law comes and it will be nice to be able to relax a little bit with her help before the baby comes.

3 comments:

  1. That cake is adorable! Too cute! Looks like you had a good time. Sorry I had to miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures!

    Just curious...would you and your husband feel okay with refusing the scheduled c/s in attempts to have a VBAC? Obviously, I know there are lots of factors involved here - and I realize you've had 2 c/s so it might be a bit different with what risks you and your docs are comfortable with. (i.e my OB was willing to let me go 1 week past my due date, and would not induce me)


    Regardless, I'm praying for you! I hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shower and creative cake!! I do hope that you are able to relax with your mother in law there and take it easy for a bit before that baby arrives!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin