Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 July 2010

Preparing for Baby

Basically the last week has been spent getting ready for the babe to arrive. My mom came into town on Thursday and we have been getting projects done around the house, organizing baby things, and getting things ready for when she will have the kids while I'm in the hospital. Mom's been learning their routines, their likes and dislikes, and the kids have been learning to let Grandma do things instead of Mommy. On Saturday, some really sweet ladies from church had a baby shower for me! We got lots of diapers and wipes, along with lots of other cute and useful things for baby. We are blessed with such a great church family.

On Friday I went to my 38 week doctor appointment. I went alone because the kids stayed with my mom and Erik was at work. It was good to be able to talk to doctor without the kids running around and tearing up the room. Apparently my mowing the lawn trick did not help

the baby drop or help me burn any weight off because it was obvious at my appointment that the baby is gaining double the amount of weight at this time than normally expected! I had gained four pounds in the last week and my belly was measuring 41cm. These things, along with not much progress being made on my body making any attempts at getting this baby out, our doctor concluded that maybe a C-section will be best for this delivery. We're going to keep our C-section scheduled on the 27th and if I go into labor before that, we'll assess things at that time on whether or not I should labor and VBAC or just go right to a C-section. I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed about this decision, but knowing that my doctor gave me the best shot at a VBAC, makes me feel a little better about the way things are going. We all did everything we could to get a VBAC, now we just have to trust that God has decided it isn't right for me and move on.

This week we're busy finishing up laundry, getting beds ready for company, making menus, grocery shopping, and organizing a little more. We all can't wait for baby to be here!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so impressed at how much work you've done! I bought 2 frozen pizzas last week "for when the baby got here" and already ate them. I'm really looking forward to August - come what may, our babies will be here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey- Check out my blog-- I sent an award your way.

    I'll be praying for you in these exciting upcoming weeks. I can't wait to find out if you have a little girl or a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my thoughts and prayers. How exciting only a week to go. Praying for a healthy and safe delivery. Great job mowing the lawn!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin