Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





22 July 2010

Good News

I got a text from my mother-in-law last night, asking me if I had watched the NBC Nightly News, followed by several emails from others asking if I had heard "the news". I hadn't heard, but soon found out... I've attached two articles from NBC's website (click to read)...




Come on, baby, COME COME COME!!!
Now that "the experts" will finally give me a chance, I'd really like to take it! We have a scheduled C-section on the 27th. Please pray that I go into labor on my own before that so that I can try some labor and maybe even VBAC! Last night I actually drank Castor Oil (which I always said would be my last resort) to get things moving. Nothing has happened, yet, besides some pretty strong Braxton Hicks contractions (and lots of diarrhea!).
Please, God, please please pleeeeeeease give me a chance! Please let me try!

7 comments:

  1. There's another way to get that baby out...and I think it really works!

    You'll have to check out a "Friends" episode to find out how. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that episode, Jenae! SO funny!..."Just think of me as a ketchup bottle. You know, sometimes you have to bang on the end of it just to get something to come out." HAAAAAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that you'll be able to have this baby via VBAC :) Come on baby you can do it all by yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:33 PM

    Kara, I have been reading about your pregnancy and enjoy reading your blog. I know you area really all for this VBAC thing, but at times it seems as thought it's the only way you think you will feel like your body has done what it was made for. I wanted to just say that you have already grown two healthy, beautiful children, and now a third that's on it's way. Going through a natural labor and delivery doesn't make your body any less amazing or you any less of a mother. Don't be too hard on yourself if you end up having a c-section........your children are amazing and your a good mom!!! AMAZING is the only way to describe the miracle of life whether that miracle arrives with medical help or on it's own, it is no less of a miracle. Good luck with the arrival of #3!! Praying for a safe outcome for you and baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regardless how baby arrives, I'm praying for a safe and healthy delivery for you both. You're doing great work, Mama! (and you look fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I ended up getting the Momment. I LOVE it.. I needed the keyboard to get used to touch screen, but I definetly use the touch screen more. I down loaded the app blogaway. I like it to read blogs. I did have to manually put the blogs in there, but it tells me when there is a new blog. I did write my last blog from my phone, but I can only figure out how to add 1 photo per blog. I don't know. sometimes it will let me post comments from there and sometimes it doesn't. The blog you commented on where I said I was just testing.. I accidently deleted it with just the skim of my finger! I was like ah! It kept telling me my comment wasn't posting though. I think it has some kinks to work out, but over all its cool. I'm excited for you and the baby! I'll being praying for ya'll! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Kara, I think your body will let you know if it wants you to have the baby VBAC or not. But, you know yourself better than anyone. Either way, looking forward to seeing him or her.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin