Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





07 October 2010

Barkley! In Charge

While I jumped in the shower quick, I left Barkley! in charge. When I came out, I found that he not only did a great job keeping an eye on Klaasen, but he even put him to sleep! :)

Barkley! sure has been a great dog for our family. I love that I can trust Barkley! with our kids. He not only comes to get me if he hears them crying, but he's always keeping an extra on them for me. He is great company for me when I'm alone and is the best security system anyone could ever have - he's mean looking, has a mean bark, and he'd never let anyone in our house. I'm thankful for Barkley!.

3 comments:

  1. what a sweet dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley3:49 PM

    what happened to your dog kelsey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, Erik made me bring Kelsey back to where we got her. She was just too naughty! The main thing was we couldn't keep her in our back yard. She kept jumping the fence and when she'd get out, she'd RUN! She was used to being on a farm where she was free and could run and run where ever she wanted. It just wasn't fair for her to be cooped up in our small back yard.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin