Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 October 2010

We Play A Lot of Pretend

Maida's favorite thing to pretend is that she's a wife and a mom, however my personal favorite thing that we pretend is photographers.
While Skogen is napping and with Maida as my assistant, we build backdrops (with dirty bed sheets thrown over the baby swing) and snap some pictures with my fancy camera (the camera on my phone).

Here is our baby in the basket shot...
I didn't have a basket big enough to hold this 19 pound 1 ounce baby boy, but we pretended that it was just what we needed. I also couldn't get the camera to focus on his face, but since our little baby model woke up two seconds after this picture was taken and this is the only picture we took, we're pretending that it's all perfectly in focus.

I'm hoping that by the time we have a fourth one, Erik will let me pay for professional pictures, and then I'll not only get great pictures (and more than one), but then I'll be able to pretend to be a model, too!
(Ha! Just pretending again - about the fourth part...)

2 comments:

  1. That pic is great! I looked at it before I read the post and wondered who the photographer was! You captured everything...his hands, his feet, his cubby rolls we all want to squeeze, his sweet peaceful face when sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks professional to me - what a great picture!
    I can't believe K is 19 lbs, that is hilarious & awesome. His rolls are simply delicious. Nathaniel (my third, currently 13.5 months) is 20 lbs, 1 oz.
    And I love hearing you say, "when we have a fourth"....yeaaahhh! I won't be alone in the (fun &) insanity, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin