Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





04 October 2010

Skogen was asleep, Klaasen was asleep, and Maida was watching cartoons... it seemed like the perfect time to take a nap! Not only were the dishes done and a load of laundry going, but I had just made some banana bread! I deserved to lay down for a few minutes. :)
After laying down and waking up a half hour later, I was ready to eat some fresh banana bread. Skogen and Klaasen were still sleeping peacefully and Maida was still sitting in front of the television, laughing at the show she was watching. I thought I'd quietly slip into the kitchen and grab a piece of banana bread without Maida knowing, so that she wouldn't want a piece, too. I figured that she could have a piece with Skogen when he woke up . As I approached the banana bread, I noticed that it didn't look anything like it did when I took it out of the oven! It was HALF EATEN!

That little stinker! She even ate the best part of the banana bread, too! I made a note to myself to never take a nap with freshly baked food on the counter, however, obviously I didn't remember this incident a week later when I left some brownies on the counter while I laid down for a few minutes. She took care of those, too!

4 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! Maida is going to start loving when you take a nap. She's going to be getting a feast. BUT I agree with you... you definetly deserve to nap even if you didn't have a load of laundry going, dishes done and fresh banana bread. (I know, easier said than done. I'm with you in that boat. Maybe I should take my own advice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot, I forgot to ask if you still have two dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a funny and smart girl!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin