Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





01 April 2011

Star of the Week

The week of Erik's match, Maida was the Star of the Week. She was so excited for this honor and did a great job of making a poster and picking out things to bring in the Star of the Week backpack to share with her class.

The Star of the Week backpack full of Maida's things

In the backpack she brought (I asked her to tell me what she brought and why):
- "Dolly, because my cousin, Kinley, has a matching doll and that's very special."
- "My Bible, because I am learning to have a heart like Jesus."
- "My pony. I even washed her hair yesterday!"
- "My Nemo book. Maybe my teacher will even read it to the class."
- "My shot because my Daddy is a doctor."
- "My jewelry cause it's fancy. I like to be fancy."
- "My mom's old cell phone cause it's what I use to call my pretend husband on."

Here is her poster. She wrote all the words herself and decorated it, too. It says, "All about Maida Raine Scharrer. I am three years old. My favorite animal is an elephant. Mt favorite color is pink and purple. My favorite food is Mac and Cheese. The Kid's Museum is my favorite place. When I grow up I want to be a Mommy. My favorite thing to do is hold new babies. If I had one wish, I would wish for my own zoo."


No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin