Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





21 July 2008

Bumpa's Tractor: Maida's New Obsession

What a summer we're having! It seems as though I've only had the time to upload some of our pictures, but to tell the story of the pictures gets put last on the list, behind swimming, boating, and playing with the family. However, I'm trying to upload a video of Maida driving Bumpa's tractor and that's taking a while, causing me to sit at the computer a little longer than normal. So, therefore I'm going to try to catch you up on our summer...

After the Fourth of July, my sister and her family stayed for a week. It was nice to have them here and for them to get to know Maida a little better. We only see them about once a year or once every-other year, so it was nice to catch up. While they were here there was a lot of shopping, fishing, and boating going on... our view of the perfect summer vacation!

After they left, we had a semi-quiet week (thank goodness) of just enjoying being at Grandma and Bumpa's house. Maida had five cousins over for a slumber party, which she thoroughly enjoyed (however mom regretted the lack of sleep the next day)! Erik took some time to plan his trip to Mongolia (which is pretty much all finalized) and he is now patiently waiting to go! In the meantime he's really enjoying his internship at the hospital and comes home with a big smile on his face every day. It's nice to see him doing something he loves. This past weekend he had drill at Camp Ripley and really enjoyed, what I call, his "man time" with the other soldiers. (If I haven't said this before, I really appreciate Erik's service in the Army. There would be no other way for me to stay home with the kiddos. Erik is a husband who is never afraid to sacrifice and work hard for his family. I appreciate him so much!)

We took a trip to Minneapolis two weekends ago where Erik attended a not-so-wild bachelor party (...at least that's what he tells me...) and I got to spend some quality time with my friend Kristin and her husband Bryan. They just bought a new house, so it was fun to see all the work they've been doing on it (and dream about having a house of my own someday!). While in Minneapolis we also got to catch up with some old college and church friends. We sure can't wait to move back there! As much as we love Duluth, we sure miss the cities too.

This weekend, my brother Tony and his son Kellen, came up from Colorado. Maida is sure having fun with Kellen. They both love cars and have been playing non-stop since Kellen arrived yesterday afternoon. I will post pictures of that later!

Other than all of that, there's not much else to update on, however I do want to mention that we got new (used AND free) furniture and a set of china (used also)! I'm really excited about it though and will post pictures of my goodies later. We have another doctor appointment back in Duluth tomorrow and my mom will be going with me to Duluth since Erik will be at work. The baby's been moving around so so so so much and my belly is getting so so so so big. To keep up with our pregnancy, we journal at http://www.babycrowd.com/jr/online/scharrerbaby/ and it's always fun to have people stop by and sign our guest book there.

I think that about catches you up on our life and just in time because the video just got done uploading. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin