Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





26 July 2008

Happy EARLY birthday to me!

There are two things that happened this year to make my birthday PERFECT.

ONE: I really wanted a pedicure for my birthday, and I got one!!!

I never told Erik, or anyone, that all I wanted for my birthday was a pedicure, however Erik must have been reading my mind because today he told me to be ready to go by one. I had no idea where we were going or what we were doing! He brought me uptown where we shared a Blueberry Malt at MinneSoda Fountain and then got a "couples" pedicure. Can you actually believe that Erik got a pedicure?! And if that's hard to believe, listen to this: he actually admitted that he LIKED it!!! He's the best! :)

TWO: I got to celebrate my birthday EARLY!

I have never really been into my birthday. If we celebrated, then great, but if not, then that was okay too. I just get really embarrassed that it's my birthday and so I don't tell anyone, even if it means getting a free dessert at a restaurant. Every year I stay really quiet on my birthday and see if everyone will just forget. Last year I almost got by with it. It took until 2:00 in the afternoon before someone remembered! And it was great. This year, however, my birthday falls on a Monday, so since Erik will be at work, he decided to celebrate my birthday with me today! Which is perfect because I didn't have to be embarrassed about it being my birthday! I know, I'm weird, but that's just how I am.





So, to recap, my birthday was entirely more than I ever could have wished for.
THANK YOU ERIK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin