Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





28 July 2008

I'm 25 years old today!!!!

25 things I have done in my life so far that I'm thankful for...
1. Getting to know at least two of my grandparents before they died
2. Growing up with pets
3. A mom who made sure our house was always clean and put a home-cooked meal on the table every night
4. My passion for ice skating
5. Traveling down to the Vikings Training Camp for numerous years and enjoying many of their games in the Metrodome
6. Going to Germany/Austria in high school (and skiing in the Alps!!!)
7. Going to a Christian college
8. Having the most amazing college friends that I will NEVER lose contact with... YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST FRIENDS I'VE EVER HAD!!!
9. Going to college far away from home
10. Saving my first kiss until college
11. Marrying a Christian husband
12. Getting married on the beach
13. Our FREE honeymoon to the most romantic places
14. Swimming with dolphins (even though I was scared to death!)
15. Working with children with Autism (and feeling like I made a difference)
16. Having kids young
17. Having a girl first
18. Being a stay home mom
19. Having a husband who would sacrifice anything to make my dream of staying home with my kids a reality
20. Traveling to Australia in college and getting to know the Hartman family
21. Going to Nicaragua with Erik and Brandon (and the Richfield congregation)
22. Living in several different places (and still not being ready to settle yet!)
23. Getting baptized and always having a church family to lean on
24. Going to Disney Land, Mexico, and Canada several times while growing up
25. Piano lessons (even though I hated them, at least I can play!)
25. Learned to speak a different language
(I know, I have two 25's, but that's okay cause it's my birthday!)

25 things I hope to do before my time runs out...
1. Have a natural/vaginal delivery
2. Breastfeed all my kids
3. Show my kids the world and all the many different cultures (and teach them to appreciate them)
4. Pay for my kids' college
5. Go back to Africa with Erik
6. Be a missionary/live in a different country
7. Travel to Alaska (because I've never really wanted to go there, but Erik does!)
8. Invent something
9. Visit all 50 states
10.Write a book
11. Pet a Polar Bear
12. Adopt
13. Go back to school
14. Run a Marathon (or maybe just a half!!!)
15. Exercise regularly (and actually enjoy it)
16. "Go green" in more areas then I have already
17. Promote healthy child rearing habits/products in the US and in other countries
18. Build a house
19. Write a song
20. Have grandchildren
21. Grow old with Erik and spend our retired life doing everything we've ever wanted to do
22. Make it through Erik's residency and keep a strong relationship (we've heard that it will be hard)
23. Climb a mountain (or maybe many!)
24. Experience as many cultures as I can and appreciate each one (even if it means eating rice and beans for EVERY meal!!)
25. Learn another language

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin