Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





07 March 2009

Date Night!!!

Erik and I don't get out much. Erik gets out a little more than I do, but for the most part, we're home a lot. Friday night was the first time I have been away from Maida and Skogen at the same time. We actually got a babysitter for Maida and a babysitter for Skogen (I figure since I can't handle them both together by myself sometimes, why should a babysitter have to try?!) and went out on a date! We met up with our friends, Dan and Heidi, at a Thai food restaurant down town. From there we went to a UMD hockey game! It was so much fun to get out of the house and be away from the kiddos. (However, I missed them like crazy and couldn't help but count down the hours until I could see them again.) Some of my favorite parts of the night were my Red Chicken Curry, walking in Canal Park at night, getting to know Heidi better, listening to Dan teach Erik about hockey, the UMD fans, and being with Erik without a textbook or computer in front of him. Here are some pictures from the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin