Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





05 March 2009

Got milk?

Got milk?
"My momma gots WHOLE milk!"


****

This is why our one-month-old wears a 12-month size:


***

Last year when I was in the hospital with mastitis, one of my nurses had a baby who was in the NICU and he was living on donated breast milk. He was very ill and he couldn't have anything other than breast milk, but she couldn't produce any.
-
I've often wondered if I could use my gift of producing a great quantity of milk (and the fattest quality of milk!!) to help other babies. There are places that ship donated breast milk to babies who are in the NICU here in the U.S. and places that ship it to babies in Africa.
-
I'm thinking that my milk would plump up a hungry baby in no time!
-
-
-
(Don't forget that you can click on the photos to enlarge them.)

2 comments:

  1. that's awesome, kara! seriously, you could help some needy babies if you do it!
    ("whole milk"....such a funny thought!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a belly!!! I only wish I could hug that little cloud of softness!!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin