Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





23 May 2009

Just For Fun

I always thought that naming a baby would be one of the best things about having a baby- boy was I wrong! I struggled with this when we were pregnant with Maida. I didn't like anything we found, and if I did like it one day, I hated it the next! And if I happened to like something for more than a day, someone else would tell me how much they hated it and we'd be back at square one. Anyway, a friend sent me this website and I thought it was fun to look up our names and see how common they are and how many there are in the US with the same name. The website is: http://www.howmanyofme.com/ and I have no idea how accurate it is, but here's what I found out.
There are 490 people in the U.S. with the last name Scharrer.

There are 62,827 people in the U.S. with the first name Kara.
There is 1 person in the U.S. named Kara Scharrer.

There are 104,200 people in the U.S. with the first name Erik.
There is 1 person in the U.S. named Erik Scharrer.

There are 3,065 people in the U.S. with the first name Maida.
There is 1 person in the U.S. named Maida Scharrer.

There are FEWER than 1,532 people in the U.S. with the first name Skogen.
The estimate for the name Skogen Scharrer is not absolute. There may be fewer people with this name, or none at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin