Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





26 May 2009

Skogen's First Haircut

Last week I had finally had enough of the bald spot on Skogen's head. I always said pre-baby days that I would never let my child have a bald spot. Well, time got away from me and for a couple of weeks, Skogen sported a bald spot. On Saturday night, I convinced Erik to help me shave it. Now it looks so cute!

The only picture I could find of before:

We shaved the tuffs of hair off the back, trying to match the length to the bald spot, but left it long on the top and in the front. The after pictures:
Notice how bad Skog's cheeks are? I am just sick to my stomach every time I think about it. He is so tough. They look so painful. The rash actually goes on his eyelids and back into his scalp. Also down his shoulders on on his chest, too. We are going to try to convince the dermatologist tomorrow that he needs to see Skogen sooner rather than later. Our plan is to by-pass our family doctor since she is so hesitant to treat anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin