Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





14 May 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I have really enjoyed reading all about what other blogger mothers got for Mother's Day and what their husbands and children did to make it so special. It is fun to see how mothers are honored on that day and neat to share in their smiles.

This year, my Mother's Day was unforgettable.
I didn't get flowers for Mother's Day, or even chocolate.
Instead, I got my very first HOUSE!!!

It's still in the works, but we found and started to make an offer on a house on Mother's Day (which was counter offered the next day, and ended with our counter offer the day after) and after we have a few inspections and complete some a lot of paper work, we hope to be home owners!
Of course I'll share more information about the house later, once we know more about whether or not it's actually ours, but in the meantime maybe you could help us pray that everything goes through okay, that we are able to move at a good time, and all that good stuff.
Needless to say, this Mother's Day was one of the best ever!

Speaking of Mother's Day and how special being a mommy is, today I was presented with a neat opportunity to help other mothers.
(>>>WARNING: Please stop reading here if you are uncomfortable with me writing about breast feeding.<<<)
I was asked by a good friend of mine if I would be willing to donate some breast milk to one of the local midwives here in town. She keeps a stash of it for mothers and babies, and I am so excited and honored to serve others in this way. This has been a dream of mine since I was breast feeding Maida, because I have always had so much milk (and healthy milk, too!). I feel so good knowing that I'm going to be helping these moms who aren't able to produce any milk and plumping up some babies, too! :)

2 comments:

  1. awesome! I somehow thought about donating breast milk this past week too! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisha11:48 PM

    i'll be praying for a new home for you guys! it's so exciting, but really stressful too. and i think giving away your breast milk is a great idea. it reminds me of the ending in the grapes of wrath (one of my all-time fav books:)

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin