Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





03 May 2009

You know you need to work a little harder on losing the baby fat when...

your belly jelly got stuck in between the car seat and the car seat base when you snapped your baby into the car. What's even worse is you didn't even realize that your pudge muffin was stuck and tried to walk away...
Two years down the road and I'm still stuggling with the baby fat.
Maida is TWO YEARS OLD today!!!
I can't believe it.
Seems like just yesterday she was still in my stomach and I was trying to figure out if that was a girl or a boy that was punching and jabbing me. I actually bet that it was boy at some point during the pregnancy, however, I had a dream three nights before she was born that she was a girl, and believed it enough to tell Erik that we needed to find another girl name because I didn't like the one we had picked out!
I remember her birth like it was just yesterday, and still thank God that she was alive and healthy after our scare immediately after birth.
I have tried to remember and cherish each and every moment that I've had with her in the past two years, but it's just too hard. I know that there are already things that I've forgotten.
She's such a little princess and fun to be around every day. I have no idea what I would do if I had to wake up without her here. I can not wait to see where her life takes her! The possibilities are endless.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet little Maida!! :)

    I just realized that Erik and I were born just 1 day apart...had no idea!

    Hope you guys are doing well and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's already her 2nd birthday!! Can't believe it!! Happy belated! Hope she had a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin