Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





31 July 2009

Kara's Birthday Lunch at Benihana

Last November when Erik took me on a surprise date to Benihana with our friends Chad and Katie, I was sure that it was my favorite restaurant of all time. So when Erik told me that I could choose any restaurant in the cities to go to for my birthday this year, I was more than excited to go to Benihana again.

Skogen, sitting like a big boy in the highchair
Skogen watching the "volcano" that the chef made for us with our onions
Daddy and Maida enthralled by the chef's performance (they make your food for you right at your table)
Erik had some sort of "sushi lunch boat" and Maida had shrimp
I had filet mignon with mushrooms, fried rice, zucchini, and onions
Erik in Maida's Benihana chef hat
Fixing Maida's hair
The birthday girl and Skogen!
Maida took our picture!
Self portraits
Maida got rainbow ice cream for dessert and shared it with Daddy and Skogen
Maida in Nana's sunglasses (oh yeah, Nana - I forgot to tell you that you left these in our car when we were down in Oklahoma! :) We'll save them for when you come up!)
Maida took a picture of Daddy
We had such a great time!!! I ate more than I should have (and a lot more than I was able to when we were there in November because I was pregnant with Skogen and my stomach didn't have as much room)! Before we left the servers sang me happy birthday and gave me a free Green Tea ice cream dessert. NUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin