Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





20 July 2009

Time Flies...

when you're having fun!
Our summer is just passing us by so quickly that I haven't had the time to sit and blog for a while. There is so much to catch up on and so many memories that I wish I could have documented, but we were without internet for a while and then once we got internet, we started re-doing our kitchen and now my evenings (which used to be free after the kids went to bed) are cram-packed with unpacking and decorating. Anyway, I thought I'd just highlight some of the recent happenings with the Scharrer family....

wedding
On July 11th, my cousin's son, Nathan, got married out on the same lake that Erik and I got married on. I took the kids to be there for the special day and it was fun to see some old family members again and meet some new ones, too. Maida had a blast meeting her two cousins Audrey and Reese! They played and played. There are a ton of picures of Audrey and Maida on Audrey's blog (you should go check them out!). Audrey and Maida seemed to be the best of friends right from the start. The cool thing is that Audrey and her mommy and daddy only live a few miles from our new house, so some play dates in the future would be really fun!
softball
Erik has been playing softball on our church's softball league every Monday night. It has been a great break away from house projects and a time where Erik can get some sports in, I can get some adult time in, and Maida can play with kids her age. We have been so blessed to move back to the cities and be with out church family again. It is almost as if we were never gone.
company
My brother, Tony, and his friend, Mary, and their kids came for a visit. They were our first real company (besides my parents) and it was fun to show off our new house. It was also fun to finally have a place to sleep that many people!
MckMama
Last Saturday, I went with my friend, Hannah, and her two girls to meet MckMama, baby Stellan, and the family. She had a "MckPicnic" for families in our area and it was fun to finally see this family in person and to see the baby that we've all been praying for. I was so nervous to talk to MckMama, but Hannah did most of the talking, and so I didn't feel too uncomfortable. She was so nice and her kids were sooooo cute! It was awesome to meet such a "famous" person in such an intimate setting. It was also nice to see Hannah, who I haven't seen since Maida and Emily were babies. Now Hannah is expecting their third baby and I am so happy for them! (Thank you, Hannah, for the pictures from the picnic!)

**You should be able to click on any of the pictures above to make them bigger, but for some reason my computer isn't doing that for me! I'll see if I can work on it and figure out how to make them expandable. Pictures of the house and updates more often are coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin