Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 November 2009

Crazy Kids!

new hiding spots
I could hear Maida calling my name, but I couldn't find her.  She sounded so close, yet so far away.  I was actually a little spooked out when everytime I walked down the hallway and I could hear her say, "I seeeeeee youuuuu!!!" but I couldn't see her!  Finally after looking in all of her usual hiding spots, I was making one last search through every room, when something in Skogen's room caught my eye.

The middle door to his changing table was stuck open a little bit.
So, I opened it and there she was!

I don't know how in the world she got in there!  Crazy kid!

Another night this week, Erik was on long call (meaning he spends the night at the hospital), so while I was putting Skogen to bed, Maida was supposed to stay in her room and read books.  While I was in Skogen's room, I thought to myself, "What if Maida is gone when I'm all done putting Skogen down?" but then quickly dismissed the thought because I knew that I was just trying to freak myself out since I was home alone!  After putting Skogen to sleep, I went immediately into her room and no Maida.  NO MAIDA!  I went into my room - maybe she laid down on my bed?  NO MAIDA!  I ran into the bathroom - maybe she had to go?  NO MAIDA!  I came into the dark living room, kitchen, and dining room.  I flipped on the light, looked all over, even under the kitchen table and in cupboards.  NO MAIDA!  I started calling out her name, quietly, so I wouldn't wake Skogen.  I went back through every room and as I came back out into the living room, about to check the front door to see if it was still locked, I spotted some curly hair sticking out from under a blanket on the couch.  SIGH OF RELIEF!  That blanket had been laying on the couch all night, so I didn't even think to look under it!  I think she had fallen asleep there while I was putting Skogen down and woke up when she heard me calling her name!  She said that she was hiding because she was scared.  Crazy kid!

sibling love
Here's a picture of the kids from a couple days ago.  Skogen has really started loving up on Maida.  He loves to sit on her lap, put his arms around her neck to hug her, and kiss her all the time.  This particular morning he was wanting to sit on her lap all morning.  The only problem is, he's about the same size as she is, so she struggles to see around him.  Crazy kids!


our climber
Skogen has also found a new love for climbing.  He not only climbs on and in the toy buckets, he climbs on the furniture, and he's figured out how to climb on the window seat by using the heat register.

He not only climbs up there, but he stands up, pounds on the window, and yells at all of the dogs that walk by.

Everyone walking their dogs just think he's waving at them, so they'll wave back.

And a picture without the pacifier for my mom, who doesn't like seeing him with a pacifier in his mouth all the time!  :)

Crazy kid!

skogen's new trick
And here's a video of Skogen's new trick!  I'm very excited that he can clap his hands because that means that he's ready to learn some new signs!  Oh, and after viewing this video, it appears that we'll have to start working on some situps with Skogen!  Ha!  It was also pretty funny because at the end of the video you can see him crawling up onto my lap and I shut the camera off.  Immidiately after I shut the camera off, he laid his head down on my shoulder and went to sleep.  Crazy kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin