Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





24 November 2009

Pregnancy Survival Kit

If you haven't heard, I'm going to be an aunt again!!!  I am so excited about this and can not wait!  My newly preggo sister-in-law is coming to my house for Thanksgiving and so I decided to put together a little gift for her.  I am so happy with how it turned out, that I decided to brag blog about it!



I made her a "Pregnancy Survival Kit" with a few of the things that I think are necessary for a pregnancy.  I also made a little card that lists each item, along with a short description.



Here are the items that I included in the kit, along with the description I gave them on the card...

Preggie Pop Drops... to ease morning sickness


Belly Bar... to satisfy your need for something nutritious and your craving for something delicious


Expecta... to support your baby's brain and eye development


Hand Sanitizer... to help keep you as healthy as possible


Stretch Mark Lotion... to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks


Breast Pads... for protection when you boobs start leaking


"What To Expect When You're Expecting" book... for up-to-date, accurate, and relevant information for realistic support, and easy to access tips on everything you'd ever want to know about pregnancy


The only thing that I wish I would have included in the kit is a Bella Band and if I ever make another kit like this for someone else, I will definitely include that.



My sister-in-law arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to see her!


2 comments:

  1. what a sweet gift! and congratulations to your sister-in-law and all your excited family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Congrats to Brandon & Karly! And you guys too! Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin