Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 November 2009

Guess Who's Walking?!

As I was cleaning the kitchen, I suddenly heard Maida screaming, "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMY COME HERE!!!!  COME HERE!!!"  I quick ran into the living room, thinking that Skogen was hurt or that possibly there was a big spider crawling across the floor.  Well, as I followed her out stretched arm and pointed finger, I saw my little baby boy, WALKING across the living room.  I started jumping up and down screaming, "YAY!  YAY!  YAY!"  While Maida started chanting, "Go Skogen!  Go Skogen!  Go Skogen!"  I never even thought about grabbing the camera until he fell.  Then we tried for the rest of the afternoon to recreate the moment on video.  The only good video I got of him walking a few steps, just happens to be right after Erik took off his good dress pants to do the splits for Maida (for the record, I got lower than Erik did)!  So, of course, Erik is in his underwear for yet another home video.  But then again, so is Maida.  And actually, so is Skogen.  But, hey, "everyone wears them," right?!

By the way, I love how you can see in this video how much of a clown Skogen is.  It's so funny how he purposely falls over or stands on his head.  LOVE this boy!


If you can't figure out how to get the video to play, please comment on this post or email me.  I have 60-100 blog readers a day and only 20-30 watch the videos.  I didn't know if that's because they don't work... or maybe it's just because we post boring videos! :)

4 comments:

  1. wow- way to go skogen! so cute:) Kare- which video camera do you use (we're looking to buy one) and which software do you use to edit? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i meant kara not kare-oops:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alisha! We don't have a regular video camera. We just use our little Nikon Coolpix to video with. It's just a digital photo camera with video capabilities. I edit my videos with "Windows Movie Maker," which came with Window Vista. We, at some point, want to get a video camera, too! Let me know what you guys decide on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I meant to say "WindowS" Vista.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin