Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





17 December 2009

All I want for Christmas...

is a finished bathroom.

We are pretty much halfway to getting a new bathroom.  It has been a long four days!  The last time I showered was Saturday night and I am feeling a bit itchy and stinky.  Luckily the kids are little enough to throw in the kitchen sink, so they are staying clean.  I've also been washing my hair in the stink, too, so at least I don't have to smell that.  I'm really missing a shower, though.  Especially on these cold nights, I just want to jump in a nice warm shower or bath and relax.

Here is our bathroom before:



After day one of demolition:



Day two was all plumbing and electrical.
Here is the bathroom after day three of sheetrocking:



Today (day four) has been more sanding, taping, and puttying.  Tomorrow the tile will go in.

Here is Erik picking out paint colors (Maida took this picture!):



Maida taking a bath:


Trying to figure out a tile pattern:


Playing in the vanity box:


Even with all the things I've been learning about remodeling, and all the fun we've been having living a little different lately, I think that I'm ready to soap up, shave my legs, and feel like I can go out in public without people smelling me again.  Christmas can't come fast enough!  The first thing I'm going to do is take a nice warm LOOOOOONG shower.

1 comment:

  1. wow, what a week! hope erik's head is healing quickly. i can't wait to see the finished bathroom. i'm sure it will look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin