Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





04 December 2009

SKOL Vikings!

Last Sunday, Nana and Papa watched the kids for us so that we could go to the Vikings game with Brandon and Karlie.  Poor Erik worked the night shift the night before and came right from work - I have no idea how he managed to stay awake during the game!
Brandon, Karlie, and I rode the light rail to the game from the Mall of America, which was really nice because we didn't have to find a place to park or walk very far to the game.  Our seats were in the upper level, section 207 (I think my legs are still sore from climbing all those stairs - Ha!).  We had a TON of fun!!!!

Walking into the dome


Me and my sister-in-law, Karlie


Erik's brother Brandon and his wife Karlie


Me and Erik (please ignore the triple chin that I'm getting)


The Viking ship that the players run out of and the SKOL line in front of it


Ragnar the Viking on his motorcycle and some of the players praying in the end zone before the game.

Here's a video of the players running out onto the field.  This is my FAVORITE part of the game.  It is SO loud and crazy in there!  (Erik elected me as the video-taker, which was kinda dumb because I was so short I could barely get the video camera over the people's heads and hands in front of me!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin