Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





18 May 2010

30 Weeks

Today I am 30 weeks pregnant.
I can't believe it! This pregnancy has gone by so fast.
I'm at the point, now, where everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready for the baby to come, if I'm getting uncomfortable, if I'm still enjoying being pregnant, if I regret not finding out the gender or if I'm enjoying the unknown... and questions of the like. The answer to all of them is "Yes!"
I'm uncomfortable, but thankful to be pregnant.
I'm ready for the baby to come, but content to keep him or her inside for a little bit longer.
I love thinking of what might be inside and sometimes drive myself crazy trying to figure it out, but I'm looking forward to delivery day when I hear Erik say, "It's a ....!!!"
Lately I've been getting a lot of gender guesses, just by the way I am carrying the baby. I really enjoy hearing what people think, especially women from other cultures. They seem to have an intuition, a special sense, a unique way of telling if a baby is a girl or a boy. It's fun to hear!

5 comments:

  1. my guess is girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are feeling good. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the compliments! :) It's nice to hear when you feel as big as a truck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:18 PM

    I just love your idea!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin