Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





04 May 2010

If you live in Minnesota, you should go here and donate your organs and tissues. Erik saw this website on our local news channel WCCO and passed on the website to me. Now we're both "5 Minute Heros". You should be, too.

*************************************************************

Since my mom and dad ("Grandma" and "Bumpa") are coming tomorrow, I thought this was an appropriate conversation to share. I love to get little glimpses of how three-year-olds perceive the world...
Maida: Who taught you that?
Me: My mommy.
Maida: Oh.
Me: Do you know who my mommy is?
Maida: I dunno.
Me: Grandma. Grandma is my mommy and Bumpa is my daddy.
Maida: But moo-ooom, she’s not your mommy anymore because you aren’t a little girl.
Me: Oh, so what is she to me, now, then?
Maida: She is my Grandma to you. And Bumpa is my Bumpa to you. Now you are a mommy, so you don’t need a mommy anymore. See?!! That’s how it is. She is my Grandma and my Bumpa.Not your mommy.

On Maida's birthday, I took her to a community craft night to do something a little special on her actual birthday (since we're not celebrating until Saturday). We had a GREAT time! When we first got there, she was dancing around and jumping up and down so much that I thought she had to go potty. But when I asked her if she had to go (and threatened to take her home immediately if she peed her pants), she said, "I'm just so excited that I can't help it, Mommy!" Here is our webcam picture right before we left. Maida was wearing her new dress that she got from Nana in the mail for her birthday!
Erik apparently discovered the webcam while we were walking out the door and decided to take a few pictures of himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin