Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





21 April 2009

Praying for Baby Stellan

Prayers for Stellan
I've been so fortunate to not have my kids ever be sick, besides Maida having a few ear infections last year. I can't imagine how I would feel to have one of my own babies have a serious health condition. It would be so hard, but that's not why I'm praying for baby Stellan. I'm praying for baby Stellan because I believe in the power of prayer. I also believe that "blog land" is one of the fastest ways to spread prayer requests. So.......
Today baby Stellan, a baby of a mother who has a popular parenting blog (and is from Minnesota!!), is having a heart ablation. This is a very serious surgery for an infant. MckMama (Stellan's mom) is asking that everyone pray today and wear orange for baby Stellan! I've never done anything like this before, but I actually dressed us all in orange today! Maida and I have also said a couple prayers for Stellan this morning. After the last time we prayed for him, she said, "Mommy, we pray Stellan at church, too?" I told her that we would be sure to pray for Stellan at church, too! How cute!
Please join us in prayer today.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Bush6:51 PM

    I've become obsessed with this blog. I jump on about 10 times a day. I try to keep Tom informed, but he doesn't care that much. The only thing he would say was "where are they from?" and I could never figure it out until they appeared on channel 5 (I think that's the channel). Anwyway, I'm glad that his surgery went well. Everytime I looked at our orange shirts it reminded me of Stellan. I'm glad I put orange on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me, too! I'm always jumping on the internet to check out the status on Stellan. I found it really neat to wear orange, too, because (1) it reminded me to pray throughout the day, and (2) other people asked me why we were all wearing orange and I was able to ask them to pray, too. It was awesome! Glad I'm not the only one obsessed with MckMama! Erik doesn't really care either and always tells me I'm dumb for getting so "into" someone else's life that I don't even know!!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin