Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





10 April 2009

Matching Monogrammed Towels

Yesterday in my morning of frustration, I called my mom to vent. She suggested just cutting some of Skogen's outfits, specifically his pajamas around the wrists and ankles where they are too small, so that they fit. So, last night after Erik got home, I asked him what he thought of this idea and he thought it was brilliant! So, before bed last night, I cut the cuffs off of a pair of Skogen's pajamas. It worked like a charm! I even cut little slits up the arms and down the legs to make them a little more roomy. I would have taken a picture of Skogen in his new pajamas, but he's already peed all over them this morning! Tonight I plan to cut up some more of his things to see if I can make them fit.

I also wanted to mention that last night I found out that Mema did not make the towel and burp cloths for Skogen that we received in the mail yesterday! I'm pretty sure that she made Maida's, so I guess I just figured that she had made Skogen's too! I don't really care, either way, because I'm still so in love with them! Even if Mema didn't make Skogen's I know that she is very talented and has made millions of things like this in the past. :)

Last night after bath time, I forced the kids to sit by each other so that I could take their picture together in their matching towels!! Neither one of them were too fond of this idea since they were freezing and ready to get to bed!

Thanks, again, Mema! These pictures are for you...

I am not looking forward to our family pictures this year ... notice how the only picture Maida is smiling in, is the one where she's totally trying to destroy Skogen's head! ...





***
Here's a little video of Skogen from yesterday finding his fist and his thumb. This is so funny because over the last two weeks, he's seriously kept himself up at night working on getting his hand in his mouth! Erik and I would just sit here and listen to him grunt and grunt, then we'd hear sucking sounds when he'd actually get it in, then more grunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin