Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





19 April 2009

Post by Skogen

Hi everyone!


It's me, Skogen! I'm so excited to see you!


Oh, wait. Hold on. I've seemed to have fallen over and I can't get up.

Oh, good. Mommy came to my rescue. For some reason she thinks that it's so funny when I tip over like that, and I don't understand why. Maybe it's because I never let my head touch down and I always stay so stiff.
Anyway, I am so excited to show you the pictures of me and my big sister, Maida, that Mommy took of us after church today.

Here is me and Maida:
I look a little scared because Mommy just asked Maida if she wanted to hold me for the next picture. It might seem like a nice, innocent thing, but here's what happens when Maida "holds" me:
Don't worry. She usually just squeezes my head so hard that my tongue pops out of my mouth, but that's about all.Usually we just have a lot of fun together.

It seems like every time Maida tries to hold me, we end up tipping over because I'm such a big boy, but don't worry, we never get hurt. Maida has enough patting to protect both of us!I've gained more control over my arms and hands now, so I'm able to fight Maida for what I want. Mommy caught us on camera this afternoon when I was trying to get the cell phone that Maida was playing with. Even though I didn't get the cell phone, I would still consider this a win since I took her down, which isn't an easy task for a little guy like me:
(for some reason it doesn't work to click on the picture to make it bigger - anyone know why?)
***************

Thanks for letting me share. I'm sure that mom will post more of us later. She sure thinks it's fun to show us off to all of her friends and family. I have to admit that I like the attention!

3 comments:

  1. OKAY....WAYYYYY too adorable!!! They are both precious! Love your little man! You have him dressed so darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments! Especially the one on his outfit. I actually put it together with thrift store finds! The total outfit was about $5.00! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so funny--he had me rolling on my side too!!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin