Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





08 April 2009

It's Time For Cloth

Today is the big day!
I decided that it was time that we start using our cloth diapers.
I wanted to wait until Skogen was out of the newborn-poop-every-time-he-pees stage before starting on them.
I am so ready to start saving some money!
Disposable diapers were running us about $20.00 per week, which is about $80.00 a month. If we used disposables for the first year of his life, we would be spending almost $1,000 on diapers! I just could not stand spending money on diapers anymore!
Cloth diapers are just as easy as disposables and since we used the same exact ones with Maida, which means that we've already used them enough times to make the purchase of them worth it, using them with Skogen makes them that much better!
The only concern I have is that Skogen is so big that the one-size-fits-all diapers are almost too small for him! It's a good thing that I've decided to start feeding him every 3 1/2 hours instead of every three... maybe he'll loose some chub!h

I also wanted a post a super-cute video of Skogen talking to his Daddy on Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how big he is Kara! So cute. He looks so much like Maida. I loved hearing his talking! Too cute!
    Let me know how the cloth diapers go. I have a friend just starting them and I am contemplating doing that with our next one too. It would be so nice to not have the expense and chemicals of diapers.

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin