Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





09 April 2009

Frustrated and Thankful

All morning I was frustrated...

...frustrated that I only have three outfits and two pair of pajamas that Skogen can fit into and his diaper leaked out onto every outfit leaving him with nothing to wear (I couldn't just thow them in the wash quick because the people that live upstairs were using the washer we share)...
...frustrated that my two month old has to wear 18 month clothes and that we have boxes and boxes of outfits he never wore...
...frustrated that I swore I'd never dress my boy in girl clothes, but since he has had nothing to wear lately, I've had to dress him out of Maida's dresser (at least he looks pretty good in pink!)...


...frustrated that I don't have more money to buy my rollie-pollie something to wear that actually fits. If something fits on the top, it's too big on the legs. If something fits on the legs, it's too small on the top...


...frustrated that my cloth diapers make Skogen's bum even bigger than it already is, making it tougher for him to squeeze into the clothes he is able to wear, and making it more of a challenge for me to use the cloth diapers...

This morning I was just plain frustrated.


That's until this afternoon when a special package came to my door!
Skogen received his very first monogrammed items from his Great-Mema.
Erik's grandma from Oklahoma, "Mema," is so talented. She made Maida some burp cloths and a towel when she was a babe, too.
Here are some pictures of Skogen's. Aren't they precious?

After stopping to think, I realized that I am thankful for a

healthy baby
happy baby
cute baby
good baby
lovable baby
smiley baby
content baby
sweet baby
drooly baby

**and even**
a chubby baby.

That just means that there's more of him to love on!


Thank you, God, for Skogen (and his rolls!).
Please forgive me for getting frustrated at the little dumb things in life.
I have so much more than some people have ever had.
Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin