Welcome to the Scharrer family's real life story! Most of our story is written for, and about, our four kids and the spice they add to our lives. It's our story of happiness, craziness, and sometimes ridiculousness. We've journaled through childbirth, the terrible two's, private school (and our public school experience), an autism diagnosis, medical school, residency, and long-term mission work in Africa.

Now we're following a new adventure, which involves a 45 foot motorcoach, homeschool, and as many ski slopes as we can go down in one year.

For posts from while we were living in Zimbabwe and updates about our future plans in Zimbabwe, please see our mission blog...

www.ourzimbabwejourney.blogspot.com.





20 April 2009

Cousins

Growing up I had millions of cousins and second cousins to play with. I don't think that I appreciated my cousins as much as I do now as an adult. Maida is very lucky to have some cousins that live in the same town as my parents. Every time we go to visit, Maida has more and more fun playing with and spending time with Natalie, Sarena, and Brittany.



This past weekend, I took a trip to my parents house because my cousin, Kerry, was in town. The cousins that live in town all got together one evening at my Aunt Carol's house and had tons of fun catching up with each other. It had been seven years since Kerry had been there! Kerry and I got to spend some time alone talking and that was really great. When I was younger, Kerry was the brother figure in my life since my own brothers were more like father figures to me because they are so much older. I have really appreciated Kerry's interest in my life growing up and really miss talking to him on a regular basis. It was so great to see him!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous about you guys all getting to hang out with Kerry! I miss that guy!

    ReplyDelete

We write to taste life twice, once in the moment and in retrospection.”
~Anais Nin